Coordination and Institutional Cooperation
- Improve coordination among members and develop new methods of working, receiving and reintegrating street children;
- Strengthen the partnerships to make the spaces of educational occupation of the child more attractive and equipped with content;
- Reduce child exposure to the sex trade and expand preventive educational measures;
- Develop cooperation partnerships to combat child labor;
- Improve and facilitate child adoption mechanisms;
- Strengthen follow-up programs created by social services;
- Develop and coordinate the network platform in Mozambique with organizations working in the area of the child to join the synergies and partnerships to address common themes such as child labor, child trafficking, unregulated family adoptions and family reintegration of children.
Advocacy and Governance, Training and Capacity Building
- Monitor the implementation of international policies and commitments by the government and advocate for the improvement of government actions and for accountability to children;
- Create conditions for child participation in all advocacy activities;
- Increase the capacity of advocacy actions with members of the network;
- Develop lobbying actions to influence the legal system in the application of the law and educational regime of children involved in criminal activities.
- Conduct research and studies on policy monitoring and identification of specific issues on the Rights of the Child.
Mobilization and Public Awareness
- Promote children's debates on various topics of interest to children according to their ages and needs;
- Develop effective educational methods and work programs to reduce physical and sexual abuse of minors;
- Improve the psycho-social approach with educators in order to recover more disabled, physically and sexually abused children;
- Increase the practice of monitoring and reporting cases of child trafficking and abuse within communities and families;
- Improve and encourage schools to adopt tolerant measures (positive discrimination) against poor children (eg non-interdiction of pregnancies attending day-class classes);
- Develop programs for the transformation of the individual, following the psychosocial approach of orphaned and vulnerable children;
- Contribute to the awareness of citizens (mainly parents) to better understand the specificities of the situation of children with disabilities;
- Increase the social reintegration of the child;
- Improve the living conditions of the street child;
- Improve assistance to the Children's Forum;
- Establish partnerships, mainly with the private sector and entertainment centers to ensure logistic conditions in the organization of events.
Information and Communication
- Increase the circulation of information among Network members, partners and society at large, on the activities carried out by the Network and their impact;
- Increasingly disseminate information on punitive rights, instruments and actions to lawbreakers;
- Improve mechanisms for the regular dissemination of reports and evaluation of the performance of the Network and its members; and
- Increase the regular edition of the Bulletin of the Network made by the children and its circulation in the provinces.